The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am upgrading my tank next month and wanted to have it lightly to moderately planted (low tech set up) however I am not sure about lightning. The tank I am getting is 240L and comes with 2 T8 40w bulbs. Am I right in saying this is fairly "low light"? What plants could anyone recommend for this setup?
Thanks all

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
Should be "low" but adequate light for a non CO2 tank. But it really depends on how tall the tank is (ie how far away the light will be) and what kind of fixture it is, type of reflectors make a big difference.

Lots of plants will thrive low tech. There's a list of low light or beginner plants around here somewhere, can probably google.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the tips. I think it's 55cm deep. As far as the lighting unit its self, its in a sealed hood all I know unfortunately. Was thinking Java moss, Java fern (or something similar) and Amazon swords

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
That is a fairly high tank. Would say you will get very little light at the bottom of the tank. But the plants you listed should have no problems surviving, slow growth most likely. Like burr mentioned, reflectors would probably be a good idea.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.