The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post pics on the starting of my first planted tank,I thought saltwater reef was hard but I give you guys credit ,this is harder IMO. I changed alot of plants around and killed alot of plants also.I've still got some alage problems to battle. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
nice, be carefull with those swords, most swords outgrow average size aquariums. but, they look great now!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:proud:

Nice and green! Does that surface skimmer really work? is it loud?
It's pretty quiet and it does keep the top really clean. Downside it sucks up alot of food before the fish get to eat sometimes.

Are those vals in the back corners?
Yes, they are vals.They grow like weeds,I like the growth,but I wish some of my other plants would grow better.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice, be carefull with those swords, most swords outgrow average size aquariums. but, they look great now!
It's funny thats what my friend said too. I must be doing something wrong cause my swords don't grow very fast. Seems like for every new leaf that comes out, one turns yellow and dies.Also the leaves are different shape?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The sword may have been grown emmersed, and is switching to submersed form. They grow slowly, but i like to think of them as sleeper plants. they grow slowly, unnoticed, while you're paying attention to your other plants. then one day you notice-DAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!! that sword is huge!

My amazon sword is the same way as yours though, but for every leaf that dies, 3 or 4 start.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.