The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so heres the intro

This thread will be a journal of the 1g snail breeding tank i set up this morning:biggrin:

its basically a medium size oblong vase which i have put substrate and plants into
currently in there i have, 2 tiny strands of glosso-something i rescued from the clutches of my goldies, a bit of grass(can anyone identify?) and a small vallis corkscrew which has 3 globules of red ramshorn eggs on it.

pictures will come in about an hour once i find my camera

DOES ANYONE WANT BABY RAMSHORN? pm me:icon_wink

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the snails are coldwater, and the top 2 cm of the tank is heated to about 20c by the light, i tested this with an adult snail, and they climb up till they are near the top, then get distressed and turn around lol
i got the original snails of ebay, they laid eggs and i put them in this little tank
the plants should be ok until the snails are fully grown, then i will remove all but the 2 most bright red snails onto ebay, ect ect until i have bright red glowing massive snails !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.