The Planted Tank Forum banner
41 - 60 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Thanks flyinghellfish! The hc was planted 3 weeks ago, the growth has been good. 48w and 2bps. Give it another 3 weeks and I'll be able to trim and shape the mini pellia, looking forward to that.

The tank/stand/light combo is a CADE mini. It cost $350. .
That is a good price indeed, did the lights bulbs come in the package deal too?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That is a good price indeed, did the lights bulbs come in the package deal too?
Yes, it came with 2x 24w PL tubes. I believe they can be swapped out with the Aquaone brand PLs. Not sure about the colour temp, I'd guess around 7000k. They are a little more white than giessmann midday, but much more more yellow than an aquasky.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The mini pellia that I put in first has grown well. Nice and bushy. Some bit have been trimmed already. All the other little bits need a few weeks to catch up. I should have done it all in one go. oh well.

The last few days have seen the first signs of dhg spreading. :)

And the mini pellia ss sheet is gone, hc on the right balances it out better imo.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
@ dhsanti, 4.2g is less than half the volume of my cube. I think a 2213 would be too much. do you have Eden filters in the US? The Eden 511 would suit you imo or something similar.

@volatile, i didn't know ottos got that big! i guess they are a smaller breed here. either that, or you've been sold SAEs by mistake ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
@ dhsanti, 4.2g is less than half the volume of my cube. I think a 2213 would be too much. do you have Eden filters in the US? The Eden 511 would suit you imo or something similar.

@volatile, i didn't know ottos got that big! i guess they are a smaller breed here. either that, or you've been sold SAEs by mistake ;)
The Eden filters are the same (or were till small changes) the same as "ZooMed" filters (a predominantly reptile based company).

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Wow, just love it. Great rocks and a great layout <envious>.

v3

41 - 60 of 162 Posts