The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 40 of 162 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Can anyone recommend an outflow pipe that doesn't pretrude very far into the tank. There's probably brands I've never heard of.

So far the GUSH oPollen Mini 13 has been suggested to me. It comes out 80mm.

(the bubble pipe in the pic above extents 140mm, which is way too much).

Thanks.
I don't know but I believe your outflow is for a 60CM aquarium. I feel it's fairly big for my 60P. I think any nano pipe would be better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Love the tank full of rock. Small clear suction cups could hold willow moss against the back wall. Could be placed 3/4 of the way up... may end up looking like clouds. Would not want plants to fill in that amazing hard scape too much, but with the eye you have for rock placement, I'm certain the finished product will look amazing. An incredible tank that I will want to see progress.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Love the tank full of rock. Small clear suction cups could hold willow moss against the back wall. Could be placed 3/4 of the way up... may end up looking like clouds. Would not want plants to fill in that amazing hard scape too much, but with the eye you have for rock placement, I'm certain the finished product will look amazing. An incredible tank that I will want to see progress.
Thanks!

I had over 15kg of rock, and I had pics of a couple scapes as inspiration up on the screen as I arranged and rearranged.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Can anyone recommend an outflow pipe that doesn't pretrude very far into the tank. There's probably brands I've never heard of.

So far the GUSH oPollen Mini 13 has been suggested to me. It comes out 80mm.

(the bubble pipe in the pic above extents 140mm, which is way too much).

Thanks.
I had this Cal Aqua Efflux Nano before and it didn't protrude out very far at all. You can get an idea of how big it is in my old Mini M here.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Update

I recently got a little more done on this tank. Tied some mini pellia to rocks and mesh. Also tied some fissidens. I still plan to add some dhg on the sides, just haven't done that yet. The hc has been in for about 3 weeks and has had 1 light trim. It growing well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I did some work on this tank today. The back-right terrace of hc was a bit too low, you can barely see it in the pics. So i built it up with a bit more soil and replanted the hc. The mini pelia on the mesh towards the back-right is only temporary. Hopefully the newly replanted hc will grow in that direction and I can put the pellia in another tank or sell/trade it. I want the hc to wrap around as if it's going through the 2 central rocks. A non-existent tunnel.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I did a trade last week and scored some jungermannia pseudocyclop (aka rose moss). I'm really happy with it. It's ridiculously delicate looking. I put a little in this tank and the rest in my 2ft'er. Diatoms have made the rocks look nasty and brown atm, but the water conditions are good, the cycle only took a few weeks. I added an otto to help clean up. I'm also adding a few drops of weak glut every other day. So things should be sparkly clean in no time. There's good signs of mini pellia growth, but so far the dhg hasn't done anything.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Still waiting on mini lily pipes. The GUSH order got lost in the post and I got my money back. I've now ordered the equivalent in Cal Aqua Labs. Should arrive early next week.

Time for a pic? A mini pellia (and a little rose moss) tease till I get the pipes in place and remove the floaters.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Such a good looking HC Cuba carpet, drools. Your new scape looks great, I especially like the stone placement, it has a very large scale feeling to it. Very hard to do in a small tank, well for me anyways.

Can you tell us more about your stand? How much was it and where you get it?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Thanks flyinghellfish! The hc was planted 3 weeks ago, the growth has been good. 48w and 2bps. Give it another 3 weeks and I'll be able to trim and shape the mini pellia, looking forward to that.

The tank/stand/light combo is a CADE mini. It cost $350. From what I've heard, they are made in China, sent to Singapore then brought over to Australia. Only one store sells them here in Western Australia. The brand CADE (yes, it's spelt in capitals) has been in Australia for about 4 years now. They're essentially an ADA knockoff, but a good one; low iron, minimal silicone and unlike the ADA solar, the light swings back and forth. ADA is still pricey here (e.g. a 90-P costs $2234, and doesn't come with a stand). CADE is a little better than half the price, and their tanks come with a metal stand with glass panels. I have a 2ft CADE like this. Pretty cool imo.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Dig your HC! How in the heck did you manage to plant such delicate, tiny pieces of the stuff when you first got started? I'm looking to do this in my seiryu tank, but regardless of how artistic I may be in the dry world, I can for the life of me plant small patches greenery without messing up my layout, or having the plants float off due to not planting them deep enough. Hopeless, right?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
looking at the pics above, they seems over exposed. i'll have to compensate for the back light in future.

The hc came from the previous scape in this tank. So it didn't really have to adapt to new water conditions. Planting hc is tricky, I have to admit. There's a spot at the back of the ledge where the soil wants to fall down between the cracks in the rocks. Push in hc and all the soil goes down with it.

My tip is to get a finger nail size plug with roots. Hold it by the roots and trim the green tops. Dip it a bucket it get rid of the trimmings. Then hold the hc by the roots with your pinsettes and shove it down in the soil so you can't see it. Then grab the green tops and slowly pull it up so you can only just see it. Then do it again and again and again.

21 - 40 of 162 Posts