The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to start putting together my aquascaped cube aquarium. It will be heavily planted and will utilize CO2. I'm having a heck of a time picking an LED plant light; looked at Finnex Ray2, Finnex Planted Plus and the new 24X7 Mainland planted light.

Any words of wisdom on how well any of these will do going through over a foot water? After looking them all over I'm leaning to the Finnex Ray2. Thoughts??? Other options I may not have considered?

·
Registered
13,144 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I ended up with 3 x Current USA Planted+ on the same tank, but no co2.
After couple of years running the tank, I am still not sure if I like it - I cannot come up with a scape that I "feel".

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OVT...I've already the AquaMaxx tank (two days ago) but already starting to feel a little regret. I got it because I need a fairly small tank but liked the 18 inch depth for maneuver room on the aquascape. Long and skinny or short and fat??? We'll see how it goes. Thanks for the lighting suggestion.

Bump: Love the FX80; and if I bought it I'd be sleeping on the street by the next day...wife would kill me! Thanks though, I've never seen that light before...really nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.