The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent about a year messing around with smaller rocks on my deck to put together an aqua scape. Finally bit the bullet and ordered a couple of 85# stones from a seller on Etsy. Really great experience with that that I'm happy to share at some point. This is my "Full Throttle ADA" tank as far as substrate and rock goes. I have a sump underneath. CO2 system is just about ready to go. Lights are MicMol G3 Pros. Still deciding on plants. The only thing I'm sure I want is some Ranunculus. Figured I'd share the end result, can always do a build thread later. My family's sick of hearing about this so here I am. ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
This is a great place to rant off about your tank, we'll eat it all up!

Looks great so far, I love the scape and the light choice

some UG would look great!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the smaller rocks may get a little lost. I can elevate them up out of the substrate some. They generally aren't buried much at all; just enough to keep them from sliding down the slope. I spent about a week fiddling about with placement of these and/or 25 other small stones. I didn't want it to get too cluttered and these were the pieces that matched best with the two big stones.

Thanks for the input!

Bump:
This is a great place to rant off about your tank, we'll eat it all up!

Looks great so far, I love the scape and the light choice

some UG would look great!
Thank you!
UG. *sigh* That's one of two plants that I didn't have good luck with in any of my high-tech tanks. The other was Elatine hydropiper. For whatever reason I just couldn't keep them healthy.

Do you think a dry start would be best for the UG? I've been contemplating a dry start for various reasons anyway.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Always enjoy seeing how people scape large tanks! This 180 looks particularly deep (front to back). I have atank that I believe has similar dimensions and have struggled to use it to best effect. I think your plans for an Iwagumi will work very nicely!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Always enjoy seeing how people scape large tanks! This 180 looks particularly deep (front to back). I have atank that I believe has similar dimensions and have struggled to use it to best effect. I think your plans for an Iwagumi will work very nicely!
Thank you! It's 24" x 24" x 72". I had a 18" front to back tank there before this one and just wanted more depth to the layout rather than height.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That looks awesome! What's that growing on the rock? And how did you attach it? I'm setting up a much smaller scale Iwagumi inspired tank and have been toying with using some fishing line to attach java moss on my larger ohko dragon stone, but I didn't want it to overrun it and take away from the aesthetics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts