The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I just snagged a 180 gallon tank and stand on craigslist for $200. This is the biggest tank I have ever owned and need help with lighting. I currently run Co2 on my 50 gallon tank and will continue to run Co2 on the 180. However, with the tank being 24 inches tall what would you guys recommend for lighting. I want to stay at high-lighting as I want to continue to grow Dwarf Baby tears and glosso. I was looking at Aquatic Life Led Halos (HALO LED Light Fixtures | Aquatic Life) but am unsure if I will get a strong enough par at those depths?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Once I reseal the tank I will begin my 180 tank journey and post many photos!

Thank you,
Daniel

·
Registered
479 Posts
Depends on how high tech you want to go.

If you want to go all out you could get 2x 32" photon lights

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/photon-32-v2/

They just released their new version, which uses stronger lights, more channels (6), with total wireless control.

They are priced to match their features, build and output.

Cheaper options include the beamsworks fixtures, or finnex fixtures. They are much thinner, so you'd probably need 2 rows for adequate spread over the full 25" width.

·
Registered
684 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.