The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First tank, started simple, then got hooked on bucephalandra like so many here.

5/6 update (A R Mini added):

5/4 update:

4/1 initial setup:

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Not bad at all for your first time! Also great job on going/getting the right equipment the first time around. That makes the whole experience a lot more pleasurable. Only thing thats bothering me a bit is how "flat" everything is. Maybe try to create more of a slope by adding more substrate to the back? Or maybe creating a valley by putting more substrate on the sides since you seem to be splitting the tank in two with those to rock stuctures. Just my thoughts, either way great start!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, it started off with the substrate higher in the back, but as time went on it flattened out. Next time around I am going to need to add some foam or something at the back to support it.
I'm already working on the wife to get a few more tanks...I'm addicted!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added 10 more buce to the tank today.
Brings the total to 18.

1 fake catherine
4 brownie blue
3 mystery
5 centipede
5 brownie phantom

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thinking about ripping those stems out from behind the rock, they just don't seem to belong. Replace with a dark and a green achilles?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
added 4 more buce this week, 2 Theia Type I and 2 blue green. I have some A. Reineckii 'mini' coming to fill in the center.

updated pic of the ever evolving scape.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never saw this one before! That looks great, i love the evolution of this scape. It has a very nice, clean look to it :D
Thanks, I keep telling myself I am going to leave it as it is for a while, then I find another plant I want to add and change it up to make space for it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This is a gorgeous tank!! Are you planning on adding fish?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I added 7 harlequin rasbora and 20 cardinal tetras yesterday. Did not feed them for the past 24 hours. Added some flake food that I sank prior to adding and none are touching it. Any idea what I can do? Go get some pellet food and try that? Trying to get in touch with the place I bought them from to get the food they were feeding them and the schedule, but no response as of yet.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts