The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi plantedtankers!
Finally I got time to start another tank in almost 2 years. This time is my first try in Iwagumi scape with some nice stones I received from a friend in Vietnam. Also my first try to grow dwarf baby tears as a carpet.

Tank dimension: 17.1 gallon - 24x12x14in (old tank from GLA)
Filter: Eheim 2213
Lighting: Compact Fluorescent Bulbs SunPaq Dual Daylight 6700ºK/10000ºK 65W
Substrate: Old ADA Amazonia Aquasoil, ADA Power Sand Special S
Hardscape: Ohko (Dragon) Stones
Flora: Dwarf baby tears, Alternanthera Reineckii "mini", Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Pogostemon Stellatus "Narrow Leaf", Pogostemon Erectus, Rotala Colorata, Rotala Enie...
Fauna: Otos, Platy, Pencil fish, Siamen Algea Eater, Orange Neos shrimps, Snails...

Here is sompe pics to get started:
11 pieces of Ohko stones:

Getting started:

Pour a bag of ADA Power Sand Special S, I planned to have a sand river in the middle so only put the Sand on both side

Tried a few scapes:

And I decided to go with this scape since it works out more for me on plants choice :)

Filled with water and run the filter for cycling, water was crystal clear than I expected:

That's it for now, more pictures to come for planting and setup my CO2 system.
Hope you guys enjoy my journal here :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!
Got a nice batch of HC and Alternanthera Reineckii "Mini" from a member of Planted Tank and the plants arrived in great shape, got enough HC to carpet the front and on the right side.

Break down the HC batch into small clumps, get ready for planting

Finish planting, somehow I could not use the tweezers to plant the HC, but I my hands worked a lot better and faster.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looking real good keep us posted! I just started my first high tech tank and am using similar plants!

Thanks, will take more pictures for sure!

Wow good work on that rate of growth!

Is the HC pulling itself up and out of the substrate? Or was that how it was originally planted in picture 8?

Love it and keep us updated!

I had plenty of HC to work with when I started so I stucked some small batches between the rocks. They grow out thicker and attached the root to the rocks too!

Nothing like a good piece of ADA glassware :).

I told myself not to breaknt anytime soon haha!

Awesome tank! I love it! Can you post a full tank shot so we can see your progress?

Will do :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Full tank shot :), a few plants added: Pogo Erectus, Rotala Enie, Hygrophila Pinnatifida, Pogostemon Stellatus Needle Leaf:

The tank under with red moss and Tangerine Tiger shrimps:

Pogo Erectus:

Left side: AR Mini, Rotala Enie, Pogo Erectus

New shoot of Hygrophila Pinnatifida:

Good growth in 2 weeks, please ignore the Minitaiwan moss on the front left, it's temporarily until I figure out where to put it :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.