The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nice being back in familiar surroundings. The last time I was here was 2005 (joined in May 2004) - looks a little different now. I was thinking about getting back into the hobby again so I stopped by to see what's news & current in the interweb waterworld. I was taken back a little seeing my old tank journal (https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/...90-gal-journal-56k-updated-01-28-05-pg17.html) again. Here's some old pics & info on my first adventure into planted tanks on a more serious level.

Hi-Tech build 90 gallon (48"long x 14" deep x 30" tall). Originally was going for the typical bare Discus tank like my buddy's tank, then visited a few local aquarium stores and changed my mind totally on the direction.

Equipment was an Eheim 2028 Pro II canister - 8W Aqua Ultraviolet UV Sterilizer - pressurized Co2 w/Milwaukee SMS122 pH controller - Reactor 1000 CO2 - 48" Aqualight Compact Florescent 2-65W 6700K & 2-55W 9325K - 160lbs EcoComplete substrate - Dupla Therm 500 150W substrate heater w/Temp Control - Hydor ETH300 300 watt inline heater. I used a SpectraPure SCPDI-90-MF RO/DI 4 stage system and then added Kent RO Right to the water. For my dosing regiment it was Greg Watson dry ferts CSM+B Plantex, K2SO4, KNO3, and some flourish iron every 3 or 4 weeks. Did my best to keep everything checked and tested, and was pretty successful despite the setbacks we all go through. Lot's has changed over the last 15 years, and this old man has a lot of catching up to do... should be fun.

Mark K...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.