The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/gals,

So, I got my system filled and set up and it was working great. However after a few minutes the airline slips off of my diffuser. I'm using regular airline, and even heated it up to get it completely over the diffuser stem. But....after a few minutes, the pressure from the Co2 blows it off the stem.

I also noticed, if i open the open/close valve at the very top of my regulator all the way, it blows the line off on the cheap, plastic check-valve (the top end of it). should i just open it enough to get the bubbles flowing in the bubble counter?

I'm guessing I should step up to a brass check-valve, one that has barbs on it, and is Co2 line slightly larger than the standard airline? Would using that eliminate the lines from popping off the diffuser?

Also, the regular airline was a major pain in the butt to get on my mr. aqua bubble counter. I managed by heating up the line, and using a little dish soap. The stems on the bubble counter are definitely larger than the airline I'm using. I had it set at around 2bps.

Here is a pic of my red sea regulator and bubble counter...
**the check valve is not shown in this pic, it was snapped before i put it in between the tank and the needle valve.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, i kind of figured that out, i guess my main question is; Is Co2 tubing slightly larger than regular airline tubing?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks chad.

one more quick question.

should the check valve be between the bubble counter and the needle valve?

or

should the check valve be between the needle valve and the cannister?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you kcirt.

i woke up this morning and was stoked to see everything still was intact and working just as it should be! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts