The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys,
I'm so happy today. I just got a 150 gallon tank and stand for $200. The tank looks like it barely used. anyway, i just want to ask anyone in here with a 150g planted tank (48Lx24Wx31H). the reason is i don't know what's the requirement for moderate plant tank. i have 390w of light which is 2.6WPG, co2 system, and i'm not sure if the tank too tall for light to reach the bottom substrate. anyone with success with this size tank? one of the plants that i want to get is glosso.
I heard the bigger the tank the less light require. is this true?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah you right Orlando. My tank is 48Lx24hx30w. the deep is 30 inch which is difficult to grow glosso don't you think so? i only have 390 watt total. with 2x65w=130w coralife CF and a JBJ 4x65w=260w CF. i would like to grow a lot of plants. i dont know if i should buy another 260w CF. what do all of you think?

hey rex, thanks for everything.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have 180 gallon and its 26 inch high and I only have one Tek 4x54 watts with C02. Its decent growth however kinda hard to grow stuff like blyxa japonica.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not much difference between a 75 and a 120 then is there?

48x18x21
48x24x24..

6" wider..

Is the lighting difference between 75 and 120 that significant? doesnt the WPG rule sorta go away with tanks this size?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Im not really sure what kind of plants I have didnt took time to research them. Mainly from my cousin tank to mines. I have a thread on it.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have a tank with those dimensions--if you get it from All-Glass, they call it a 150. Oceanic, 140. Either way, it's very difficult to work with the bottom. I suggest avoiding things that require a lot of maintenance down deep, unless you have unnaturally long arms or some truly fabulous long forceps.

It's a great-looking tank with wonderful proportions. Take pictures!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.