The Planted Tank Forum banner

20K views 145 replies 26 participants last post by  Chaoslord 
#1 · (Edited)

#23 ·
Very nice tank. I love that you worked some common aquarium ornaments into the scape. It looks great.

2 things.

1) Did you get the other LED's?

2) The ghost shrimp eggs will not survive. Once they break the egg the babies need saltwater to mature then as adults they go back to fresh. You may want to try some cherries if you want something to breed. But they are small, so make sure they don't end up as lunch. Keep up the good work man.

#25 ·
I didn't plan on having ghost shrimp, only bought them as feeders. I thought they were being eaten so I was buying 4-6 a week. Stoped buying them as soon as I saw them scavenging.
Not worried about the eggs was just wondering if the bright green is natural. But if they will leave them alone I might try a couple of bee shrimp.
Got ya. Ghost shrimp are pretty long lived though. I have one that I bought 2 years ago and he is about 3 to 4 in long now. If you are gonna keep the ghosts you may want to wait on the other shrimp. Ghost shrimp may eat them if they are small enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.