The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 2 bulb t5 fixture that seems to be ok.
I bought a cheapo quad unit off [Ebay Link Removed] That was very bright ....to much I think. My tank is in my living room and was kinda irritating.
I was getting green algae was the glass everyday.
Went back to the 2 bulb and everything is calming down.

There are not many LED options that I found withot spending big bucks.
I was and still wondering if like 2 36 inch fluval or finnex lights would be sufficient.......

·
Registered
760 Posts
I am following this, cause I have a 72" long tank as well (210 g). LED lights on a stand are basically impossible to find, or are $$$. I was thinking of putting a shelf above, and having a couple smaller LED fixtures hanging off. I have compact fluorescent, but needs new bulbs. Don't want to buy bulbs, then upgrade.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I am following this, cause I have a 72" long tank as well (210 g). LED lights on a stand are basically impossible to find, or are $$$. I was thinking of putting a shelf above, and having a couple smaller LED fixtures hanging off. I have compact fluorescent, but needs new bulbs. Don't want to buy bulbs, then upgrade.
DsunY comes w/ bracket kits to top mount..
Run about 1/2 of $$$$ ;)

Postable example but would need at tleast the fw version..FW-c6-3 I believe.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...hting-Freshwater-With/117944_32283897068.html

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I am going to pull my hair out I have everything ready but the lighting.just not sure which way to go led or t5 I need medium to high light at 24 inch depth but also 72inch long.I have heard good and bad on the 72"evo 6500k..or I could just buy 2 more 36" 24/7 that would put 4 on my 130 gallon tank maybe that will get me enough light.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
So I am going to pull my hair out I have everything ready but the lighting.just not sure which way to go led or t5 I need medium to high light at 24 inch depth but also 72inch long.I have heard good and bad on the 72"evo 6500k..or I could just buy 2 more 36" 24/7 that would put 4 on my 130 gallon tank maybe that will get me enough light.
4 36" 24/7's is $472 and you are restricted to one ramp/timer program..
More flexibility in an on/off configuration..
In that case a simple t5 set up may serve you well but most of the cheaper ones are 4ft.. making fitting problematic..
DSunY is the same price but w/ full programming.
Aliexpress.com : Buy Free shipping! DSunY Dimmable Full Spectrum Program 180w High Power Led Aquarium Plant Lighting Freshwater With Wifi Control from Reliable light card suppliers on DSunY Electronic Science And Technology Co., Ltd | Alibaba Group
24x3 3w leds...216 theretical watts w/ 90 degree beam angle..
you can get a 5 row ELF for $140...
ELF 1800 6500K LED Pent 72" 0.50W Freshwater Plant Tetra Discus 180cm 280x

Dimensions - 72.25” x 5.25” x 1.25”
Brackets add 1.25" in height
Includes 280 LEDs
12000 Lumen

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have 2x36" Fluval fresh/plant 2.0 LED on my 125 at 18"deep they say I am geting 66 par I know I have to turn them down it's to much light so I think these would work on your tank. go on flaval web and check them out. I got them at SaltwaterAquarium.com

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I have 2x36" Fluval fresh/plant 2.0 LED on my 125 at 18"deep they say I am geting 66 par I know I have to turn them down it's to much light so I think these would work on your tank. go on flaval web and check them out. I got them at SaltwaterAquarium.com
curiosity point:
most larger tanks have cross bracing anyways but in terms of the Led's end to end.. see any light falloff in the joint area?
Usually only really pronounced in like 90 degree lensed Leds though..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.