The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 130 gallon long tank that has just been recently torn down. I'm looking to stock river monsters. I have two HOB 60 gallon whisper filters that are currently on it.

My stock list will be

Jardini
African Tiger Fish
Vampire Tetra (Aramatus sp.)
Nile Perch

I need suggestions in an external filter that I can use on top of the two hob filters. Something rated more than 130 gallons. I also need a really strong airpump and oxygen diffuser to go in my tank.

·
Registered
926 Posts
A big sump. to hold filter media, heater, etc

·
Registered
926 Posts
I would add that some sort of T valve should be incorporated into the system to allow for fast easy water changes.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am away of this and I already have a tank large enough for when they are too big.

Anyway back on topic, I think I will go with a wetdry sump. I have a 50 gallon long that I can fit under in the cabinet. Just gotta come up with a a design now.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I am away of this and I already have a tank large enough for when they are too big.

Anyway back on topic, I think I will go with a wetdry sump. I have a 50 gallon long that I can fit under in the cabinet. Just gotta come up with a a design now.
the simpler the better is my opinion
lots of baffles just means more work
mechanical section, bio media section. return to tank

chemical filtration can be added later if necessary with a small pump and inline filter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.