• Stop: please deposit $25

Votes: 2 15.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Preamble

What do you give a then 4-year old girl for Valentine's Day? Another toy? Ecstasy? Uncut version of Caligula? A .357?

In retrospect, any of the above would have been more sane and responsible choices then the $9.99 4" plastic cube filled with water grabbed at Target at 6 pm Feb 14 some 13 years ago. Inside the cube were pebbles, 2 strings of dead algae and, how cute!, 3 aquatic mutts - apparently, guppy fry. 3 days later, the first one was crossing Styx. The other 2 survived a while longer: off on a quick vacation we entrusted the remnants to next-door neighbors. According to eyewitness reports, the second died when we were pulling out of the driveway and the last one when we were pulling back in. "So sorry..."

Have you seen tears dripping off the nose of your sweetheart? Off to PetSmart we go, bringing home a $0.25 Comet. That feeder fish in a pickles jar joined the former inhabitants in < 3 days. Off to LFS, back with a $6 fancy Goldie + 1g bowl with UGF + 1 plastic plant + blue gravel + fish food + 3 books + unasked for advice = ~$75. The investment in Solyndra's stock would have been more lucrative. I blamed the LFS owner.

Daddy with BS + Mommy with MS = 1 verifiably dead gold fish. Daddy's pissed, daughter wants another hamster, the older son could care less, the Missus wears that knowing grin.

The onset of madness

12G Long: Prototype 1
10G special w/UGF + 3 Gold Fish + 1 Pleco + 2 Weather Loaches + 4 Zebra Danios + something long dead
nicely planted and scaped

$4.99 flush, $6 flush, 3 x $1.99 flush, flush, ... , flush, flush, ..., FLUSH!
The fishy funerals continue, my wife now checks AmEx charges

(CSI Archives)

12G Long: Prototype 2
Mariland 3G + 6G + 12G kits
Live plants come into the war zone

The test environment was wrong, gotta replicate.
One good flush deserves another
FLuuuusshhh

(FBI Archives)

The real thing: Version 2

(KGB Staff photo)

Teasers:
(11-29-2012 6:49 AM)

(Yo, you talking to me?)

(Rotala sp. bangladesh)

(Umbrella of Rotala macrandra)

(The real face of constipation)

(C'mon baby, you can do it)

(Hi Margo, have you seen my Pierre?)

(Pierre The BIG Lover: where are the bitches?)

(Life is good when you poop)

(Nesaea Red. Oh NVM, wrong tank)

[to be continued when the author runs out of Grey Goose]

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Excuse me kind sirs but how does one "do dah bumpan" at will?

I keep typing BUMP but it doesn't work very well.

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Wow, looking great. I remember seeing this when I came by a few months ago (assuming it's the same tank). I saw a few pots of HC but it was filled with R. macrandra or similar.

Want to thank you again for your plants. They all got transferred into my low tech but were doing very well until I moved. They are just starting to color back up.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Excuse me kind sirs but how does one "do dah bumpan" at will?

I keep typing BUMP but it doesn't work very well.

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump
Did you really post without more pictures attached? You're grounded mister!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Carpe Diem
7,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all. Isn't PhotoShop wonderful?

I remember seeing this when I came by a few months ago (assuming it's the same tank). I saw a few pots of HC but it was filled with R. macrandra or similar.
Hallucinations. You are overdue for another taste.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Did you really post without more pictures attached? You're grounded mister!
No! I no grounded! How can you ground what has no life?

I post and then stick pictures on the front page. I just updated with photos of the tank I am building this morning!

Now I stop derailing the thread.

@OVT
I read your preamble, and I absolutely love your humor, you must continue with the other parts of this journal, the preamble has left me anxious to hear the rest of the ramble!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I am lovin it! You have yet another talent...your a comedian! :hihi: I am glad you decided to take the plunge and start a journal! What a fun read! I'm still laughing...btw, grey goose? Got grapefruit juice and triple sec or do I need to pick some up on the way :tongue:

edit: wait...I already told you that before...back step one talent. reason:duplicate
Muah!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts