The Planted Tank Forum banner
901 - 920 of 1950 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #903 ·
Can't wait to get one too
ROTFL!!!

hey guys, i've never owned an eheim 2232 but does this feel like weak flow to you guys?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8449218213/in/photostream
It does look a little weak on the other end. My experience is the more flow the less algae is likely to appear. Try a custom spraybar the length of the tank and it should greatly reduce the "no flow zone". Or, you could simply add a Zoomed 501 on the other end and it will help with flow and filtration too! ;)

·
Super Moderator
15,769 Posts
There are dozens of people here on the forum documenting their usage of the fixture. Just use the search feature or check out some of the tank journals. You may also refer to the Finnex sponsor forum to determine PAR data for each fixture - that'll allow you to determine how high a particular fixture needs to be suspended above a tank for your specific light needs.

If you're using a 36" fixture? 135 PAR at 6 inches above the substrate, 73 at 12 inches, 47 at 18 inches. That means you'll need to probably raise it a foot and a half above the tank for low light. Anything else and you'll need CO2 and daily fert dosing.

Anyone care to share their experience with the Finnex Fugeray? Did you have any algae blooms? Did you rest it right on the tank, or did you have to raise it? How much? How long is your photoperiod?

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #910 ·
Here's a quick update on mine, its in about its 1st week of grow out.

Very nice growth! Don't forget to promote your club by putting the link to our club in your signature! ;)

Here's some current pics of my 12. been flooded for almost a week now and hc is growing, no problems so far! :biggrin:

Love the stand :biggrin: Don't forget to promote your club by putting the link to our club in your signature! ;)

·
Opae Ula Crazed.
1,408 Posts
Re: 12G Club: Got a 12 GalloN RimlesS or wanna get 1? PoSt/SeE HeRe! RAOK OFFERED!!!

Is that Washington the state or DC? We here in WA state have potential for huge earthquakes but they happen so infrequently we forget about em!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

901 - 920 of 1950 Posts