The Planted Tank Forum banner
881 - 900 of 1950 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Great! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Did you get it locally? I'm looking for another one and haven't seen it in the last 6 months.
Got the only one at moanaloa pets. I try to buy local even if it costs more, just because. These 12s will only get more popular but I remember seeing 3 at coralfish within the last 6 months.

·
Registered
562 Posts
HC is growing in nicely! Unfortunately so is algae. Going to try reducing the photo period. Currently it's getting 1 to 2 bps as well which seems pretty good. Here's a pic to keep the hope alive!!!!1
Nerdariostomp,

I like your lily pipes. Where did you get them? I was thinking about the GLA ones for my tank.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks! I got the Lily pipes from aquatic magic. They seemed to have the best pricing on a lot of things and honestly after I got them I am very pleased with everything. They ship from overseas so it does take about nine business days or so at most to get to you but the pricing is beyond comparison in my opinion.

I did take some advice though and I moved the diffuser again. Originally I tried to do that but for whatever reason it didn't work out. Looks like it is actually diffusing the CO2 with the flow of the water this time. I also reduced the photoperiod to eight hours. It was previously set to about 12. Ha ha ha!

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #889 ·
Cant wait to see you get it started! You decide on what look youre going for?
Congrats! Can't wait to see more updates from you :)

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #890 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments on the video. I'm glad you liked it. Here's another one that's not so scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhkpX7sSoHA
I really enjoy this video. Cute how the shrimps are chasing each other. Lovely setup too. Thanks for sharing Andrew! ;)

Thanks! I got the Lily pipes from aquatic magic. They seemed to have the best pricing on a lot of things and honestly after I got them I am very pleased with everything. They ship from overseas so it does take about nine business days or so at most to get to you but the pricing is beyond comparison in my opinion.

I did take some advice though and I moved the diffuser again. Originally I tried to do that but for whatever reason it didn't work out. Looks like it is actually diffusing the CO2 with the flow of the water this time. I also reduced the photoperiod to eight hours. It was previously set to about 12. Ha ha ha!

8 hours is definitely the better way to go. It took me awhile when I had my 12 to adjust the lighting and photo-period to have the HC grow properly. The thing I don't like about HC though is once it catches on with algae, its nearly impossible to get rid of it all unless you pull out that whole infected area. That's my experience at least :(

·
Registered
13 Posts
my 12 gallon long tear down

So, my planted tank I posted about on page 51, the one featured in Tropical Fish Hobbyist, got an algae outbreak, so I tore it down. But I've turned into a nano reef. Here are a couple pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
It's a slow start. I've finally sold my fluval edge last night. I took a big lost on it but oh well, I finally have the counter space to put in.

I plan on a lava rock base, amazonia cap, DIY, lilly pipes, seiryu stones, and just a small handful of plants. perhaps some riccia and HYDROCOTYLE VERTICILLAT to balance out the center.

Cant wait to see you get it started! You decide on what look youre going for?

881 - 900 of 1950 Posts