The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a good canister for a 125g. Oscar tank with some silver dollars I would like it to not be too expensive. I also would like it to be able to prime itself if the power goes out.
What would be some good brands to look into?
Also is there a good canister with a heater inside it, thats not as expensive as the eheim ones.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Im looking for a good canister for a 125g. Oscar tank with some silver dollars I would like it to not be too expensive. I also would like it to be able to prime itself if the power goes out.
What would be some good brands to look into?
Also is there a good canister with a heater inside it, thats not as expensive as the eheim ones.
i just ca ultra-1000 (catalina aquarium) canister filter off ebay for 56.23 shipping and all.its a eheim clone and it runs just like one too.the 1000 ultra is good for aquariums 50-240 gallons mine runs real good i love and for 56 bucks you gota try it.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I don't recall seeing any cannisters besides the Eheim with built-in heaters. There's the Hydor in-line heaters if you're wanting to keep the heater out of the tank. If it for fear of the Oscars damaging them you could always opt for a titanium heater.

But with a tank full of big fish don't let even the biggest cannister filter(s) lull you into a false sense of security. Your fish will still benefit the most from regular water changes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.