The Planted Tank Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 · (Edited)
Terrible indeed! Curse you and your stunning tank :hihi: lol jokes!

Looks great!! I actually like the longer leaf look on the ferns, do you have a lot of flow in that area to make the leaves move?
Thx. The FX5 provides a ton of flow on its own, but when the timer that controls my lights come on(30 minutes after my co2 does), a Hydor powerhead starts up as well. The FX5 output is in the front let corner and discharges along the front of the tank from left to right. The powerhead is in the back righthand corner and flows along the back of the tank from right to left. TONS of flow.

Several types of spiders can "walk" on the film on top of the water.
Their body is not heavy enough to break through it.
That would be the same film(not a technically correct term) which causes a water drop to hang onto anything and when you overfill a glass for the top to be rounded.
Love that scape and especially the Cypress.
thank you

looks great! The carpet and rocks hint at a large scale iwagumi but then the stump, java ferns and swords make it look like a natural style tank. You have yourself a super-sized natural iwagumi scape. Quite the niche!
very kind words. I was looking for something a little different what i planned this scape.

you don't give yourself enough credit. that is an amazing tank. great job on the carpeting and a very natural looking tank. how are the angels??
Thanks. They are ok. I lost 2 a few weeks back and am still puzzled over what was the cause. Im going to pick up a few more, hopefully.

WOW, hope my 180 will look this good! anyway heres the link to my tank. http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=643914
thx, ill check your out.

Wow! I really really like your tank. I'm working on a very similar design. I think you really captured the natural "river" look very well.

You didn't mention any CO2, do you inject any? I'm not injecting any in mine, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get as much plant growth as you have!

I hope you can find a friend with a good camera so you can get some glamour shots. I know the pictures you've posted don't give your tank the justice it deserves!
thank you for the very kind words.

I do use co2. I use a homemade super sized Rex style reactor.

i am currently using the one on the right.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thx. The FX5 provides a ton of flow on its own, but when the timer that controls my lights come on(30 minutes after my co2 does), a Hydor powerhead starts up as well. The FX5 output is in the front let corner and discharges along the front of the tank from left to right. The powerhead is in the back righthand corner and flows along the back of the tank from right to left. TONS of flow.

thank you

very kind words. I was looking for something a little different what i planned this scape.

Thanks. They are ok. I lost 2 a few weeks back and am still puzzled over what was the cause. Im going to pick up a few more, hopefully.

thx, ill check your out.

thank you for the very kind words.

I do use co2. I use a homemade super sized Rex style defuser.

i am currently using the one on the right.

Any up dates of this bad larry of a tank?

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
look the page before. there is an updated pic.

Here is a cool pic the trident fern tree i took during a water change

how many rhizome of fern did you start with when you made that tree and how long did it take to get that damn thick?
Btw, love the scpae

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
how many rhizome of fern did you start with when you made that tree and how long did it take to get that damn thick?
Btw, love the scpae

first off, thank you.

If you look at the first post on the first page you'll get an idea of how it started.

Id say I tied 10, MAYBE 12, to the DW and never added anymore.

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Yes they were!

And I bet you haven't trimmed since then lol!

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Love the simplicity of the tank. I shared this with someone whom is going for a simple layout since most of his plants died.

Love the ferns. Hope to catch them the next time you are selling them. Have never seen them before. I wonder if they could be grown without injecting Co2.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Love the simplicity of the tank. I shared this with someone whom is going for a simple layout since most of his plants died.

Love the ferns. Hope to catch them the next time you are selling them. Have never seen them before. I wonder if they could be grown without injecting Co2.

thx Hilde It was very nice to meet you the other day.

I have to thin the ferns out every few months. Next time i do, i will let you know

I do have ferns growing in tanks that do not have co2. They grow fine, just supper slow.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I just did a HUGE trim. Thinned out about 50% of the trident ferns and about 75% of the MM:icon_eek:

agian, sorry for the crappy iPotato pic

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Selling any of the Trident Ferns? Also got some Rotala sp. 'Nanjenshan could trade for. It is growing crazy in my tank 20G long tank with medium high. light. Would grow more straight in your tank.

Loving the MM I got from you. While out of town for a week the lights were off. It survived though.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts