The Planted Tank Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Love the spider in the last pic!!! Found a nice home between the knees. Tank is looking great.
You should flick that spider right into the tank before he makes a meal out of you... I hate spiders. Not because they bite, because they do so unpredictably :)
how did that spider get out on that driftwood o_O
lovely tank and fish btw
24 hours later: i find the same spider in my 15 gallon tank floating dead [insert dramatic shock music here]
i haven't got a clue how he got there:eek: But i dig him there! He can stay as long as he likes. But i am not too sure he is getting much to eat.:icon_neut

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
chad very nice man!
what kind of Angel fish?
Those are some great looking angel fish! What kind are they?
They are Philippine Blue Angels. A local guy breeds them. They are beautiful in person. I really like them.

That's looking really nice and filling in very well. I love the orange von rios as I have some in my tank as well. When I see a tank like yours I wish I wouldn't have done a high light stem tank again and went for the lower maintenance plants. So much less work and just a beautiful.
Thanks ua. Yeah i gave high tech a whirl twice and i just couldn't dial it in right and was over come with BBA both times. I am still pretty new to planted tanks, or at least i consider myself new at it, so i am not discarding giving it another try. But if i do it will be on a MUCH smaller scale than this 125g. Maybe a 40B or something like that.

The von Rios are awesome. I love them, but someone in my tank if nipping at them and i can't figure out who atm. i haven't seen anyone do it, other then other von Rios.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Saweeeet tank, if those angels breed keep me in mind.
thx bud, and i will.:proud:

Great looking tank. How did you apply the fissidens to the wood?
Thx. I do a dry start on all my tanks. So i chop the Fiss up with a razor blade until it is just a green pile of mush. Then, after my tank is completely scaped, i just smear the fuss mush where i want it grow. Cover the tank. Mist it everyday to keep out moist. Lights on 8 hours a day. After a few weeks, the fuss is attached. Flood tank!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wow thats a nice tank, love the layout!! Just realized i got my fern from this tank!! Hope i have the same luck growing it!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
another terrible update pic with my iPhone.

man i really need to thin out those trident ferns!!!!:hihi:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Terrible indeed! Curse you and your stunning tank :hihi: lol jokes!

Looks great!! I actually like the longer leaf look on the ferns, do you have a lot of flow in that area to make the leaves move?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
how did that spider get out on that driftwood o_O
lovely tank and fish btw
24 hours later: i find the same spider in my 15 gallon tank floating dead [insert dramatic shock music here]
Several types of spiders can "walk" on the film on top of the water.
Their body is not heavy enough to break through it.
That would be the same film(not a technically correct term) which causes a water drop to hang onto anything and when you overfill a glass for the top to be rounded.
Love that scape and especially the Cypress.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
looks great! The carpet and rocks hint at a large scale iwagumi but then the stump, java ferns and swords make it look like a natural style tank. You have yourself a super-sized natural iwagumi scape. Quite the niche!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
you don't give yourself enough credit. that is an amazing tank. great job on the carpeting and a very natural looking tank. how are the angels??

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow! I really really like your tank. I'm working on a very similar design. I think you really captured the natural "river" look very well.

You didn't mention any CO2, do you inject any? I'm not injecting any in mine, and I'm hoping I'll be able to get as much plant growth as you have!

I hope you can find a friend with a good camera so you can get some glamour shots. I know the pictures you've posted don't give your tank the justice it deserves!

41 - 60 of 73 Posts