The Planted Tank Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I love the hardscape! The contrast between the rocks and driftwood is amazing
thx Chronados.

Read in another thread that you have a 5' spray bar...got any pictures/more details? I have the same size tank...sure hope it'll look half as nice as this!!
Actually i did away with the spray bar. I use just a 1.25" PVC pipe outlet now, place in the front left ornery pointing to the right. Flowing across the front of the tank and a powerhead in the back right corner pointing to the left side, following across the back of the tank. The powerhead comes on with the co2 and lights and shuts off with them as well each day.

I will pm you some pics of the old spray bar though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You have been studying nature. That is the key. The way that plant seedlings will flow in the stream (or seeds through the air in the wind) and land in the cracks and crevices. How wood roots or branches tends to 'wrap' around other trees or rocks.

Very nice job.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What an incredible tank. I'm so impressed and want to watch it on a video feed once you stock it. It looks natural and effortless; yet I know that is difficult to achieve in a glass box. Well done.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
You have been studying nature. That is the key. The way that plant seedlings will flow in the stream (or seeds through the air in the wind) and land in the cracks and crevices. How wood roots or branches tends to 'wrap' around other trees or rocks.

Very nice job.
thank you so much. what a great compliment. i really appreciate it.

What kind of rocks are those? Did you go out and collect them or purchase them? Beautiful tank by the way!
Not sure on what "kind" they are. i locally collected them

Thx

What an incredible tank. I'm so impressed and want to watch it on a video feed once you stock it. It looks natural and effortless; yet I know that is difficult to achieve in a glass box. Well done.
Thank you so much

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
a couple CRAPPY iPhone pics

taken about a month ago

taken a couple days ago. the MM has gone crazy

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You should flick that spider right into the tank before he makes a meal out of you... I hate spiders. Not because they bite, because they do so unpredictably :)

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
chad very nice man!
what kind of Angel fish?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
That's looking really nice and filling in very well. I love the orange von rios as I have some in my tank as well. When I see a tank like yours I wish I wouldn't have done a high light stem tank again and went for the lower maintenance plants. So much less work and just a beautiful.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Gnarly hardscape, man. Love it!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
beautiful beautiful beautiful!!! love the angels, they really work well with your scape. great idea for a tank

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
how did that spider get out on that driftwood o_O
lovely tank and fish btw
24 hours later: i find the same spider in my 15 gallon tank floating dead [insert dramatic shock music here]

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
21 - 40 of 73 Posts