The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a light for my 125G. Im looking to make it high light tank. I was wondering what watt light would I be looking for, for such a large tank. It would be nice to have ahanging one.

·
Registered
558 Posts
6foot tank? 3 150 MH would be very nice, but pricey. 72" fixture with T-5 HO would be nice, about as pricey as MH, but with less heat. Also more bulb combinations. If you are into DIY, ODNO would work. 6 of the 55 watt pc retro fit kits from AH supply could work also.

·
Registered
357 Posts
In my recent research for 125g I found those (power compact fixtures) would work ok but it depends on what do you want to grow. I want to grow everything so I found that the best options are t5 ho or mh, i bought a t5 fixture to avoid heat problems, I own a reef tank and I dont want to buy another chiller for this tank.
I was also thinking in getting a fixture from that manufacturer but if you do a research those thing are scary, they die fast and some even catch on fire, so be careful. Odyssea is the perfect example for what they say: "you get what you pay for"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts