The Planted Tank Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I owned a landscape company for 20 years and have paid for lots of tempered glass, it can crack but it will only last 10 minutes before it's all on the ground, but it would never hold for long. I don't think those repairs are for cracks but 125 gallons is a lot of water, I would remove the repairs to get a better look and test it outside, but I wouldn't want to have any question about the integrity of a 125 in my home. I'd have to agree with Hoppy on this one and now I have someone to share the blame with, sorry Hoppy.

He right on the auto glass too, saftey glass isn't tempered, if a stone hit your whole widshield would crack, but the windows are tempered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks everyone, for all your advice. I think he may have overreacted to a scratch, I will test the tank to make sure it holds water for at least 24 hours before setting it up indoors. I'll put it on the back porch to test. And then, if it holds water, I'll purchase a stand instead of trying to make one.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Put a heavy weight on those scratches/ cracks, use your most heavy rock or something, but don't drop it in there. My 125 is drilled in the bottom, I don't know if every 125 is build the same.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts