The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this will be a bit boring until I get home later this evening as I don't currently have any images or videos. However I had a bit of time to do a write up so figured I would do that now. This is only the third aquarium I have ever owned. So I may have made a few mistakes please let me know if you see anything that you would do differently. However everything at this point seems to be going pretty well. The tank is primarily all Crypts and low tech. Once every two week water change. No dosing of any ferts just oscomote plus root tabs. Sprinkling of peat underneath substrate to soften my liquid rock just a hair. Tank has been running for about 4 months now. So on to the specs of my tank.

Equipment:
120 Gallon High Marineland Tank and Stand
Sunsun 404B Canister Filter
Hydor 300 Watt Inline Heater
Odyssea 60" T5HO Quad Bulb (Only Running Two Bulbs)
Hydor 1050gph Powerhead
Adding a Magnum HOT for water polishing this week as well as a 250gph powerhead for a dead zone.

Hardscape/Substrate:

Manzanita Branches
Black Sandblasting Sand/Aquaflora Mix
White Granite Rocks (Thought they would be temporary but they grew on me)
Adding a few small Cichlid stones for more cover later this week as they match the color of my white granite stones perfectly.

Flora:
Crypt Wendtii Red
Crypt Wendtii Green
Crypt Wendtii Bronze
Crypt Spiralis
Crypt Balansae
Crypt Pontederifolia
Crypt Ciliata
Crypt Undulatus
Crypt Lutea
Crypt Parva
Amazon Sword
Unknown Moss Hidden Under Driftwood For Fry/Baby Shrimp Cover
Adding Fissidens To Portions Of The Driftwood Next Week

Fauna:
30 Neon Tetras
12 Rummy Nose Tetras
25 Marigold Swordtails (Slowing Taking Them Out Except For Mom & Dad)
2 Bristlenose Longfin Plecos
1 Rubbernose Pleco
2 German Blue Rams
12 Kuhli Loaches
1 Reticulated Hillstream Loach
20 Crystal Pearl Danios
12 Bronze Cory
12 Albino Cory
1 Bamboo Shrimp
8 Fire Ring Danios
1 Striped Raphael Catfish
1 Spotted Raphael Catfish
100+ Cherry Shrimp

Any thoughts on the stocking list? Most would think that this is overstocked however everyone seems to be very happy. I think this also has to do with nearly 1600 gph of flow throughout the tank. As I remove the swordtails I will be adding a school of another species of loach any suggestions? I know someone is going to chime in and tell me that my cherry shrimp are going to be eaten off by my German Blue Rams but in 2 months time. They have eaten very little if any shrimp. The shrimp literally ask to be eaten. The rams don't seem to be to interested. The shrimp swim right in front of there faces.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.