The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be doing a DIY lighting set up but I was first woundering how many watts would I need I was going to do something more or less Like this

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/diy/39586-70-diy-70w-hqi-metal-halide.html

With around 4-5 of those lights but I need to figure out what type of balasters I need for a 6ft tank. the lights will be 12 feet above the tank suspended in a metal frame

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah I ment 12". I was thinking having it hang 12-18" above the tank.

The tank is 6' long 1.5' wide and 22" high I guess maybe a 125g

I dose EI in the 55g, which will become the 125g. I have med/high light over the 55g. I also have pressurized CO2, regulator and iv bought 2 Rhinox 5000 Co2 diffusers. Im planning on making a inline CO2 and heater and get one of those things that you separate the C02 into 2 entrence points.

But I am looking into getting scissors and tweezers to make my life easier :hihi:

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
I also have a 5' tank 120gal tank and I dont like the size. I use 2 pendent MH lights and they are able to cover the whole things without any odvious dark spots. For a 6' tank I would recommend going with 3 150w if you are doing MH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.