The Planted Tank Forum banner
2261 - 2268 of 2268 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I have never been a huge fan of Harlequins but they look great in your tank.

Great pictures that really show the sense of depth that you have created. Makes me wish I had a tank that had a 24" width. You can do a lot more with those 6 inches.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Tank is 30 inches front to back depth.
I thought it looked rather deep front to back. I would rather have the front to back depth and have my tank only 18" tall rather than 24". Those really are the perfect dimensions.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,265 ·
18" means you trim a lot more, 2x as much vs the 24" height.

I think 22-24 and then 36" front the back is best, but that's a big old tank then.
I'll do something like that when I sell off the 180 and replace with a pair of larger tanks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Tank looks awesome. Hey where are you guys finding 48" Red Sun Bulbs im have Trouble finding them in stock anywhere.
I cleaned out SaltySupply when they closed. A year or two ago I talked with Premium Aquatics in Indianapolis and they were able to get them, but weren't willing to order any unless I wanted to buy the box of 12. Apparently they don't get requests for them very often.

Seeing this reminds me that I do miss this thread. Lots of inspiring pictures and some interesting information as well.

2261 - 2268 of 2268 Posts