The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really wanting to set up a Mr. Aqua's 12 gallon long Iwagumi style. What species would be comfortable in a open Iwagumi style tank? There will be a few tall plants, rocks and DW that they could hide by, but it's not going to be like a heavily planted were they would be really comfortable. So what would you recommend?

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I'm really wanting to set up a Mr. Aqua's 12 gallon long Iwagumi style. What species would be comfortable in a open Iwagumi style tank? There will be a few tall plants, rocks and DW that they could hide by, but it's not going to be like a heavily planted were they would be really comfortable. So what would you recommend?
Check Out ember tetras, mine tend to stay in the open, and are the perfect size for a small tank. You could put a pretty sizable group in a 12 gallon too

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, am I not mistaken that Rummys school together tightly no matter what?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
personally I wouldn't put rummys in a tank smaller than a 20 long. they really like to swim back and forth the length of tanks.

I love my harlequins. Like others said, some type of neon or cardinal tetra . I really like the blue neon and green neon tetras you don't see them used as much as standard neons.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking that Harlequins are the best to go with. Cardinals and Neon tetras don't school as tightly as i would like them to.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow! When I read Pearl Danio, I thought, ugh, it's just going to be on of those ugly Danios again, but no, those things are pretty! Do you have a video so I could see how they do school? I know it's not quite what I was looking for, but it would always be fun to have side school of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.