The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been planning my 12 gal long iwagumi for so long now. I have some questions guys. I am concerned of getting sufficient flow without being too over powering as I will have caridinia shrimps in the tank. My thoughts are 2213 or 2215? I will definitely want an inline heater (hydor 200w) but I want to know what the best way of diffusing my co2 would be? Should I go inline, reactor, or a glass pollen diffuser near the intake? Would a reactor reduce flow too much if I used 2215? What reactor would I use? (Im no good at DIY).

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I can't help you cause I don't use co2 , but just wanted to say you may need to search the forum for an answer to your question and if you can't find it there then you could go to another forum and ask . I have asked questions on here and have gotten many views but no replies . Just saying..

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
If you are concerned about the flow, just face the outlet across the shorter dimension from front to back.
The standing wave/resistance from the opposing side, really slows down the water.
I used to switch my power head off at night, in the day it runs along the length of the tank, and at night I just rotate the outlet 90 degrees, from front to back.

Why do you need such a big heater? If it fails closed circuit, you will have a shorter time to notice its getting hot in here, than with a smaller one.

Are you planning CO from a gas bottle or DIY? As that would influence the diffuser choice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i have the same tank and im running a 2213, with a hydor inline too, flow is sufficient, but if ur adding a reactor like the ista ones, it wont be enough flow, i tried the ista reactors n it reduced my flow dramatically.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I felt my Eheim 2234 did the job just about perfectly. I believe it's right in between the flow rate of a 2213 and a 2215. If I was set on a classic, I would choose a 2215. This would be with lily pipes on the same side of the tank, you may not need that with a spray bar or other outflow but I would rather go bigger with a 36 inch tank. Seems overkill but that is a long way for water to flow out of one place, when using lily pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.