The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I can see a small amount of Fissidens placed at that dark spot two thirds of the way up that main rock in the crevas waiving in the current.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Looks pretty damn good for only one week in!

I like Fissidens, but once you get it in your tank you will have a hard time ever getting it out. Doesn't matter where it starts.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man I really like that scape.

Is that a T5HO fixture, what type of bulbs are you running? Im set to replace the 2 bulbs on my 75g and having somewhat a dilemma over what combo to try. I really like the way yours look.

My light fixture is a SunBlaze T5HO Hydroponics grow out light. 48" quad T5HO 6500K. the box says it puts out 20,000 lumens. to the substrate i get 70+/- par.

Sun Blaze makes also makes a 48" 2 bulb fixture that might work well for your 75.

I can see a small amount of Fissidens placed at that dark spot two thirds of the way up that main rock in the crevices waiving in the current.

Nope, no Fissidens, im not sure what you are referring to.

·
Planted Tanker
6,059 Posts
My light fixture is a SunBlaze T5HO Hydroponics grow out light. 48" quad T5HO 6500K. the box says it puts out 20,000 lumens. to the substrate i get 70+/- par.

Sun Blaze makes also makes a 48" 2 bulb fixture that might work well for your 75.
Thanks. I have a 2 bulb hydroponic T5HO fixture that also came with 6500K bulbs. I dont like the color though, too much yellow/green, nothing at all like yours. I know not all bulbs are created equal though, one 6500K may not look exactly like another. Anyway, think Im gonna try a rosy bulb of some sort w/one of the 6500K and go from there, not sure yet really.

Thanks for the reply. Good luck, and keep the pics coming :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
50-80 harlequin rasbora
10+/- pigmy coreys
RCD/CRCS
ammano shrimp
1 powder blue dwarf gourami
5 neon dwarf rainbows
20+ Ottos

im keeping a very small scale, so i want to keep only small fish.
I think the fish you are going to put in will look awesome, I like the idea of keeping smaller fish in a large tank. It should make the tank look even larger and full of live.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here's my thought (2 cents). Go with fewer harlequin rasboras, up the neons rainbows (12-15) and add some cherry rasboras (10-12). I have those fish in my 75 ( not that many) and it is a nice blend of color. Be aware that my harlequins and neons often school together.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.