The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey i bought a 110 gal coner tank for 200 bucks with stand and extras. pics to follow. it has a built in overflow/sump in the back of it. the overflow sump area has space for two bio chambers a built in protien skimmer and a fourth space with a pipe in it. what is the pipe section for and how do i plumb this thing? pics below

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i think i have it figured out the pipe is where i hook up the pump i assume the pump has to be in tank the two bio boxes flow underneath past the skimmer to the pipe the pipe is where i hook up the intake for the return pump if that makes sense

now that i have figgured that out any pump sugestions and do you think the pump has to be in tank or not?

·
Registered
12 Posts
...can't help you with that...but I'm a bit concerned about the windows...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not staying there we are moving in two months i am gathering all the stuff i need in the mean time to be ready to go when we move to the new house. thats why its near the fridge in the kitchen no other place to put it right now

·
Registered
9 Posts
A submersible pump should be placed in the last chamber,plumbed with some flex tubing.Is there a fixed return?You can also hide your heater in that chamber.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no fixed return i was thinking of a spray bar and a power head or three in the tank for water movement. thanks for your help. any sugestions on a pump dollarbill?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts