The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as I said my tank is 48"L x 18"W x 36" Deep.I use Co2 and I altered my stock fluorescent 2 bulb hood for brighter light and added a national geographic 3 bulb LED. With the combination of the two and extended light time I have grown some nice crypts and some various other plantsincluding my battles with algee. My problem is the LED was only a year old and I believe the driver has gone out. I would like to have suggestions on what i could replace that light or both lights with that could maybe expand my growing ability?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just redid my lighting on my 110. I'm running a 48" Planted+ (not 24/7) and just added a Viva Grow 24/7. I was not happy with the lighting schedule so I modded them to work with a TC420 controller. I love the new set up.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
as I said my tank is 48"L x 24"W x 36" Deep.I use Co2 and I altered my stock fluorescent 2 bulb hood for brighter light and added a national geographic 3 bulb LED. With the combination of the two and extended light time I have grown some nice crypts and some various other plantsincluding my battles with algee. My problem is the LED was only a year old and I believe the driver has gone out. I would like to have suggestions on what i could replace that light or both lights with that could maybe expand my growing ability?
Are you sure you have your dimensions correct. Only reason I ask is because if that's right, it's a 180G tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you sure you have your dimensions correct. Only reason I ask is because if that's right, it's a 180G tank.
you sir are correct. 18" not 24

I just redid my lighting on my 110. I'm running a 48" Planted+ (not 24/7) and just added a Viva Grow 24/7. I was not happy with the lighting schedule so I modded them to work with a TC420 controller. I love the new set up.
How do you like the planted +

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.