The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stargrass is going crazy! Its doubled in length in a week!

Also what should I do with this vase? As in what should I put in it? ;) I jsut need a light for it.. I found it in a swamp beside a lake.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
he might eat the smallest shrimplets, but aside from that,

Are you trying to find out whether a 1 gal bowl can support a small fish without heater or filtration? because if you are, let me know the results. I'm interested in trying some tiny species of killifish in a bowl in the far future ;)

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
for that vase you could put in one crypt and see what happens with it. it would be interesting if the crypt grew leaves out of that vase.

idk much in terms of inhabitants. was thinking a pair of apple snails but remembered that they are extreme waste producers, so it likely wouldn't work. nerites would just lay eggs everywhere and it wouldn't look good... you can try it as a shrimplet grow-out vase for w/e offspring you get out of that 1 gal bowl...
not much else to do...

BTW is that a red cherry shrimp male in your avatar? damn that sucker is red! i only have clearish males with up to moderate red speckles. is that one of your males?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh I have kept three guppies in a two liter before for months without problems. Just had a ton of moss. They even bred...
I was thinking about putting some sort of sword in it and putting it in the window and see how that goes, with some shrimp of course.
Oh that picture isn't mine just a photo off of google. I didn't feel like trying to take a picture of a shrimp lol. But it is a male, I do believe.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
:( about killing that vessel . you had you guppies in that? o_o Breeding is a good sign.
you probably shouldn't have dosed, just use organic soil lol. that could mean you wont have to dose anything in your new bowl either. mine's still running the same and i haven't dosed anything in it.

when you kept guppies in there without filtration, did you notice them trying to breathe from the surface?

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah well I didn't have any soil, I think it had sand or something. It was doing fine until I overdosed. Im not going to dose my bowl either.

And yah I had guppies in there lol. Kinda like torture but they grew up in it so I figured it wouldn't hurt until they had babies..

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mann I used to know what it was called.. I don't know how I got the plant though, it just showed up in my 20gallon. I like it, stays a little bigger than duckweed but it is prickly.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.