The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP!! My tank is leaking and I don’t know where it’s coming from. I have a betta and a snail in the tank. Thankfully, I have a 10g that is almost cycled, and I could move the filters from this tank to the other 10g. What do I do?!

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
PLEASE HELP!! My tank is leaking and I don’t know where it’s coming from. I have a betta and a snail in the tank. Thankfully, I have a 10g that is almost cycled, and I could move the filters from this tank to the other 10g. What do I do?!
Definitely just move the filter over and all the inhabitants. Finding the leak should not be too difficult. Dry all the corners and then wait a bit. Run a paper towel over the corners and when it gets wet you found which corner is leaking. If none appear to be leaking at all then its in the base.

This assumes its not simply a filter or hose that is leaking.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Check that water is not leaking up and over the tank trim due to the water height, surface agitation or any hoses or wires that are wicking the water up and over the tank rim.

Reactions: Plinkploop
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.