The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well all of my fish died thursday and friday because I stupidly did 2 big water changes that day to try to get rid of green algae. The green algae is gone, and my water is crystal clear. I am not going to stock my tank until next sunday, because this week I am going to test for ammonia and nitrIte to make sure it will be safe to add fish again. Anyway, here is a stocking plan I came up with for the 10g:
1 Krib, GBR, or Bolivian
4 Neon Tetras
3 Schwartz's Cories
2 Otos
10+ Cherries
I am going to get the otos and the tetras on sunday. I can't make a decision on the dwarf cichlid to put in my tank. Which one would go best with the shrimp? I've kept 3 GBR's before, but no Bolivian Ram or Krib. I am leaning toward the Krib, but please tell which one would be best for my others. My tank is moderately planted right now, but the watersprite is really fill in the background. I am receiving some bacopa this week. Anyway, any suggestions/changes?

Smalltank

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Any and all of those dwarf cichlids can and will eat your cherry shrimp. I would skip them and get more tetras and/or corys.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright I changed it up a bit. Here is what I am planning on:
4 Neon Tetras
4 Glass Catfish(researching a little bit on them)
3 Schwartz's Cories
2 Otos
10+ Cherry Shrimp

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've read they are very peaceful and rarely go to the bottom of the tank. Otherwise I was thinking 4 Hatchets instead of the Glass Cats. Number one choice is Glass Cats, second is 4 Hatchets, and third is Glowlights.

Smalltank

·
Registered
664 Posts
I believe that Glass cats get too large for a 10g. They get around 3-4 inches and are schooling. I personally wouldn't keep them in anything less than a 20g. I'd go with 1 school of smallish fish, a couple otocinclus, and maybe some shrimp.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1 Male Betta
1 Male Swordtail
4 Neons
2 Otos
10+ Cherry Shrimp
This is what I am aiming for. Is it good?

·
Registered
234 Posts
i have seen bettas going after colourfull fish like neons. and i have also heard of swordtails picking at plants but in that case they where big 5+ inches. i know what youre looking for. a centrepiece. what about a pair of dwarf gouramis?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Bettas are hit and miss with small shrimp. I had one that lived with a thriving population of cherry shimp and guppies, he didn't touch the fry or shrimp. His replacement ate nothing but cherry shrimp until they were all gone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts