The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I am in the mist of trying to figure out what fish I should get for my 10g tank. I am really looking for a nice schooling type fish, I just love looking at fish that like to be with there same species all the time. I was thinking about neon tetras for schooling fish, and then possibly some oto's as well. My question for you guys is 1. do you have any other recommendations on fish you think I should check out? 2. If I do what I thought of how many tetras and oto's can I have? 3. I am planning on having some shrimp and snails, any recommendation on kinds for both and how many? I don't want to over stock this tank.

·
Registered
55 Posts
as far as tetras, have you considered ember tetras? I don't know about their schooling tendencies, but they sure look cool. They stay fairly small too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Any of the micro rasbora are great for a 10 gallon, because they are no larger than one inch a piece. You should also check out celestial pearl danios or CPD's. Neons don't tend to be very interesting in the confines of a 10 gal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I won't be breeding the shrimp, just having to help clean.

I started with 12 RCS in my 12G tank to help keep algae under control. They did that and have multiplied, and mulitiplied, and.......... I must have pulled hundreds of them out and traded them in to the LFS. I have White Cloud Mountain Minnows, panda corys and a couple of Amanos in there. The RCS are the most prolific things I have ever come across; they'll breed whether you intend them to or not!!:icon_wink:icon_wink The Amanos turned out to be a pair and the female is constantly with eggs. I just don't have the time, energy and space to see if I can get baby Amano shrimp to survive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.