464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Specs
Tank: 10g Standard
Lighting: DIY fixture - 3x 17W CFL
Filtration: None, just an airstone
Substrate: Aquarium Gravel (black), Missouri Creek Gravel, Play Sand
Fauna: Red Rili Shrimp
Flora: Java Moss, Taiwan Moss, Java Fern, Wendelov Java Fern, Guppy Grass, Hornwort, Bolbitis, Fissidens, Riccia, Italian Val, Anacharis, Crypts, Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides, Dwarf Hairgrass

02/18/2013

02/23/2013

03/01/2013

Changes:
Anubias melted, removed it
Added more moss rocks
Added more baby Java Ferns
Added Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides
Added Hornwort and Guppy Grass behind moss wall
Added Java Moss on rock suspended by fishing bobber
Cholla wood developed horrible slime, removed it

The hornwort and Guppy Grass are hiding behind the moss wall :)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
hello, whats up with the bobber floating in there?:confused:
See text: he's using the bobber and fishing line to suspend a moss covered rock.

Purists across the nation are clutching their pearls (or C02 tanks as the case may be), but I think it's a fun little tank. It's good to have a space set up for experimentation. The tumbled bricks as a base for plants makes for a surprisingly good mix of hard/soft edges.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See text: he's using the bobber and fishing line to suspend a moss covered rock.

Purists across the nation are clutching their pearls (or C02 tanks as the case may be), but I think it's a fun little tank. It's good to have a space set up for experimentation. The tumbled bricks as a base for plants makes for a surprisingly good mix of hard/soft edges.
Oh yea, my tanks make purists cringe and run for cover, but they make me smile and the inhabitants are very happy.

I have a 29g and a 20L with a stand that holds both. One of these days, I'll set them up and do something less playful, but for now, my happy little [STRIKE]fish[/STRIKE] shrimp room is a great place to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts