The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

What kind of plants are suitable for a 10 gallon tank? So far I was thinking about glosso, dwarf clover, pearlweed, rotala, and wendtii crypt. Plants currently inside my 10g are wisteria, moneywort, amazon sword, giant hygro (?), wendtii crpyt green. Eventually I will be moving wistera/moneywort/amazon sword out of the tank b/c they look out of place. The fish inhabitants are 2 sparkling gourami, 2 emerald green corys, 1 juli leopard, olive snail, mystery snail, a few pond snails. Also an Angelfish that needs to be rehomed (moved him/her from a bigger tank b/c barbs shredded his/her fins).

Oops! Thanks for the reminder.

Tank Specs:
36w PC catalina fixtures
diy co2 yeast
KNO3, CSM+B KH2PO4, K2SO4 added every other day
eco-complete substrate

Thank you!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Depends on your lighting, substrate, fertilization routine, and whether you use CO2. You need to provide detailed specs.
:thumbsup: What he said.

But just in general, and this is just my personal taste, I'd go with smaller plants. I tend to think that plants which are individually small (ie, many rotala stems vs fewer stems of a larger leaved stem plant) allow you to more easily create an aquascape that makes your tank look 'bigger.'

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have a 10G with 2 x 10W CF, DIY CO2, and gravel substrate. No real fert dosing.

I like my Anubia Nanas. They seem to be doing well.
I also have a Crypt that doesn't seem to be thriving, but it is surviving.
I have a few bunches of Wisteria that I can't seem to keep trimmed often enough.

Those are pretty basic plants, but I like the setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts