The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. My 10g is currently lit by 1 15w T-8 8000k bulb. I'm contemplating adding a second 15w T-8 fixture and substituting the stock 8000k bulb for a 6700k bulb.

Currently planted with c. wendtii bronze, c. wendtii red (currently melted), x2 c. parva (currently melted), java fern, anubias nana, java moss, and watersprite. There is also some marisilea quadrifolia in the tank, but I don't believe it survived the shipment (planted 3 weeks with emersed leaves trimmed off, but no submerged growth).

I dose Flourish, Flourish N, P, K, and Excel once per week per bottle instrux. The tank is 6 weeks old and I've had no algae problems, so far.

My concern is that I'll need more light than what I have to grow the c. parva and marisilea quadrifolia properly. Also thinking about adding some dwarf hairgrass to the tank. My question is, will adding this light allow me to grow these new plants without pushing me into a higher light category where I would need CO2 or have algae blooms?

Thanks in advance, as always!

·
Fresh Fish Freak
24,403 Posts
I think adding the 2nd strip you'll do best to add CO2. You might be able to make do with daily Excel dosing, though.

I personally prefer 8000k over 6700k, but that's just personal aesthetics, both will grow plants just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.