The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I set this 10g up to grow out extra plants. I've got amazon swords,
Crypts, and ludwigia repens in mini pots of Miracle Grow Org Potting mix. There's also Anubias and java fern attached to rocks. DIY Co2 is dispersed at 1 bubble every 5 seconds through a small Rio powerhead aimed at the bottom of the tank for maximum bubble ricochet and dispersion. I'm lightly dosing each day with ferts. and I'm using two 13w CFL bulbs. It's been two weeks and I've for good growth and zero algae.

The Anubias and java fern were emersed so they're still transitioning.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Looks cool. Keep us updated. I am very interested in this method. Good Luck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! It cost me very little to setup because I had most stuff on hand already. I was going to do an emersed setup but I don't like the fact that plants have to transition to submerged growing when you go to transfer them to an aquascape.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
Hey that's fun.

Is that a regular airstone in there? That will quickly cause all of the CO2 that you are injecting to disperse quickly at the water's surface. The Rio pump is probably plenty of water circulation for this small tank.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been watching this tank closely the past few days, taking photos with my phone. One of the swords is growing wicked fast. I've monitored, and confirmed with my photos, one leaf in particular doubling in size in just two days. It went from roughly an inch long to o Ed two inches long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.