The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'll begin this journal by telling you all how this tank came about. One sunny afternoon I was at home bored and saw one of my empty 10gallon tanks lying around So I decided to get to work derimming it. It was my first time de rimming a tank, and it didn't turn out super pretty, but hey I didn't care.

Here is a picture of the tank after it was de rimmed.

So after I de rimmed the tank I realized that in the excitement I never once had even the slightest idea of what I was going to use this tank for. I decided that I would rather not set up another tank, because I was already at my limit. Then I had a brilliant idea! I decide I would upgrade my Gardneri killi fish to a new home, and thus the tank was born!

Okay guys, sorry for the lame write up read it if you want!

Here are some pictures of the tank all planted up, just finished it today!

I couldn't really get any good pictures of the killis. The pictures really don't do the males justice at all!

FTS

C. Parva forground

Some nicely colored males

Some of the ladies

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, my old babies aren't really babies anymore!

at last count I had 4-5 teeny tiny babies in my little tank... not sure how they are doing I pretty much let nature run it's course with these guys, it seems to work well. It's so stuffed with moss and junk I can't even see in it hardly...

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem. And how did you get it graded like that? Is that rock all one piece and did you use that to separate it, or is there some divider of some sort?
I believe there are 6 pieces of rock total. That is what is holding up the substrate in the back. No divider was used, I'm too lazy for that.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I believe there are 6 pieces of rock total. That is what is holding up the substrate in the back. No divider was used, I'm too lazy for that.
Lol. That is how I feel about that too. Why go through all the trouble of putting a divider in when you can use rocks? I am really diggin that setup and may have to borrow the idea from you. I think I feel a re-scape for my 2.5 in the near future.:icon_smil

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol. That is how I feel about that too. Why go through all the trouble of putting a divider in when you can use rocks? I am really diggin that setup and may have to borrow the idea from you. I think I feel a re-scape for my 2.5 in the near future.:icon_smil
Haha, exactly! Thanks, Cableguy! I'm pretty happy with it, which is a rarity for me I generally hate my work, I'm just now starting to like my 75 gallon.

Feel free to use the idea anytime! Be sure to let me know how it turns out!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Haha, exactly! Thanks, Cableguy! I'm pretty happy with it, which is a rarity for me I generally hate my work, I'm just now starting to like my 75 gallon.

Feel free to use the idea anytime! Be sure to let me know how it turns out!
I know that feeling. I generally hate my work too. I usually don't like it for months after I do it. And I will let you know how it works when I do it for sure. I think I am going to wait a few weeks and change my tank around a bit.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
try using manual focus on your camera, your autofocus is targeting the background instead of the fish!
Ha, I know... I was using my P&S just to get a few quick shots. I'll get some better pictures of the fish up another time.

·
Canon pimp #002
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
love it! the lasty pic is great! looks good.

waht light do you have there?

whats the plant in the back left?

i want more pics!
It's a light that originally came off of a Tetra 10g half moon tank.

The plant in the back left is just some rotala... same type that is in my 75. I seriously doubt that it will get enough light, but it looks good for now. :hihi:

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.