The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just wanted to see how many people own a HD Flat screen TV and what brand you have, and what do you think about it? I just bought a Sony Bravia with full HD1080 40in and its only an inch thick. This is my first flat screen TV, and just upgrade from a 19in. I loving it and movies look great especially Finding Nemo, Shrek 1,2. I paid about $2000 and it was on sell.

·
Banned
3,297 Posts
I won't be getting an HDTV until they discontinue
analog television broadcasting here in the U.S.
since by then digital stuff will be more affordable.
in 2009 our government will even be
giving each person $40 to upgrade!
in the meantime, my next computer monitor will
have an HDMI input so I'll be 1080i compatible
in case I find a cheap blue laser DVD player.

·
Registered
941 Posts
i have a sony 50e2000.
supports up to 720p.
i got a great deal on it so i had to jump on it.
its a refurb but i only paid $1300 with a two year warranty.

the pic i took of the tv sux but here it is.
50 inches of goodness.
its a lcd rp.

·
Registered
395 Posts

32" Westinghouse.. translates 1080i, but only does 720p native.

i've got a media computer hooked up to it with a 1000w home theater system. Works really well in my small living room.

I'd like a 37 or 42.. but this fits well.

·
Registered
941 Posts
the wii is fun but there's not that many good games for it.
the only reason i bought it was because super smash bros. is supposed to be released on the wii soon.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
ehh.. I just picked up a 32" olevia. blah blah its a TV. Someday when I have something to hook up that has HDMI I will be able to take advantage of high res. Its much nicer then my Old 19"er. but thats not saying much.

It was cheap. But given the option to do it again I'd have saved a few hundred more and got something bigger/better.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't think you can get much better then the Bravia.
Sure you can. A BIGGER Bravia!! lol
I really like the biggest of the line. the one with the glass bezel. stylish but 3500 is too rich for me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
We got the Samsung 40" LCD 720. And the Samsung 1000w home theater system, with Monster power,HDMI and fiber optic cable for sound. pretty darn nice $2100.00 for everything.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Check out Boing Boing .com They break down why the gov wants you to move over to digital its not a good thing.
With a digital tv you cant bootleg tv programs unless they let you so no taping Lost for your buddies if you have a tivo you had this happen: when 6Feet Under came out on dvd your season got deleted weather you wanted it or not
Not Cool
Keep at least one analog tv and read BoingBoing

·
Everyone has an opinion
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I was an early HDTV adopter and spent big bucks on a 2nd gen Mitsubishi 65" HD CRT projection TV back in 1999. The picture is still excellent but the cabinet is huge (28" back to front). :icon_lol:

One day, when the guns finally fade, I'll get a 65" flat panel...or at least a DLP set. But by the time that happens who knows what the state of the art will be. :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
i have a sony 50e2000.
supports up to 720p.
i got a great deal on it so i had to jump on it.
its a refurb but i only paid $1300 with a two year warranty.

the pic i took of the tv sux but here it is.
50 inches of goodness.
its a lcd rp.

Is that Wii hooked up with a composite connection? Blasphemy :)

We are running a 57" Hitachi RPTV that does 720P/1080i nicely. It's bulky but picture is fantastic. $1800 a few years ago.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I was an early HDTV adopter and spent big bucks on a 2nd gen Mitsubishi 65" HD CRT projection TV back in 1999. The picture is still excellent but the cabinet is huge (28" back to front). :icon_lol:

One day, when the guns finally fade, I'll get a 65" flat panel...or at least a DLP set. But by the time that happens who knows what the state of the art will be. :)
We got a 55" Mitsubishi around that time frame. Eh, our old 19" Mitsubishi had the horizontal go out one too many times and being as it was erm, mostly metal, was a PITA to lug to a repair shop. If this one lasts as long as that one did, maybe they'll have graduated to holographics by then. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.