The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I'm planning on stocking my well-planted 100g tank soon, and I was looking for some input from some of you guys!
These are the fish that I am hoping on stocking;
Clown loach
German Blue Ram or Bolivian Ram
Corydas (either peppered or panda)
A large school and possibly one or two smaller schools of tetra, trying to choose between black, white cloud, penguin, or rummynose.

So what I'm asking for is the approx. Number of how many of these I should stock, and if they are all compatable.
From what I've researched, I plan on going with;
8 clown loaches
10 GBR or Bolivians
Around 6 corydas
And probably 20-30 tetras in one school and 10-20 in the smaller school.

Does this seem like it would work? I would also be stoked on any suggestions!! Thanks!

·
Registered
769 Posts
You do know Clown loaches get BIG, right? Just checking. Full grown they may make a meal out of the tetras and cory cats.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Yes I know they get big, but I was only planning on keeping them for about a year or so. Would they get huge by then?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Why only a year? What are you going to do with them after a year?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just a suggestion - if you're going with rams, you might not want to select white clouds as one of your schooling fish, as they're at opposite ends of the temperature spectrum.

As for numbers, what you've got sounds pretty good to me, with the caveat that the clown loaches aren't permanent residents, but my experience with large tanks is very limited. Someone else will likely have a better idea of how well that will fill out the space.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'll have to shut down one of my tanks when I leave for college in a little over a year, and knowing that the clown loaches get big, they would be the first fish that go back to the lfs. And thanks about the white clouds, ill stay away from them since I love GBRs.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Well I'll have to shut down one of my tanks when I leave for college in a little over a year, and knowing that the clown loaches get big, they would be the first fish that go back to the lfs.
Well, I think it would be easier just to not get them at all. Get a bigger school of cory cats. Say 10 to 15. Sorry if I sound rude. Not trying to be just offering suggestions.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Big schools of cories are fun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts