The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Are these real?
15,740 Posts
If it is an incandescent hood you don't have to worry about melting it... it should be made to withstand higher temps, and using compact fluorescents will be much cooler.

Whether they fit into your canopy or not is really hard to say... can't see your canopy. ;)

One thought... you can get this sort of bulbs locally, at your favorite home store or ... mart. That way, you save shipping, get them instantly, most likely cheaper, and you could return them if they should not fit your canopy. I'd suggest "Daylight" bulbs which emit a crisp white light.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
I've bought light from them. They're fast & friendly. I like them.

You can buy compact flouresence that'll fit into a socket.. They're brighter, more energy efficient, produce less heat and you can get day light spectrums.

Just make sure of the size of the bulb you're buying.
the 40watts are kinda big.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've ordered from them and found their communication excellent. One of the type bulbs I ordered was on backorder, so they emailed me to let me know asap. And they emailed again when the order was shipped. I've only ordered from them once, but it was a fine, smooth transaction.

I ordered 15 watt spiral screw-ins and 30 watt spiral screw-ins. The 30 watt are 5 1/4" long and 2 5/8" diameter at the widest. The 15s are smaller than the 30 and definitely smaller than a regular incandescent.

I'd think the larger the wattage, the larger the bulb. So maybe you can measure your space in the hood and email them to ask?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.