The Planted Tank Forum banner
401 - 410 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #408 ·
Found 2 scorpions in my downstairs bathroom next to the fish room so I got a blacklight flashlight to make sure there are no more inside. At first didn't see any but did find half a dozen outside including this big one under my office window (their exoskeletons glow under black light so it makes them super easy to spot). Decided tonight to have another look around downstairs and found a third one indoors behind my 100 gallon aquarium. I think they are cool outside but I am not super excited to have them indoors. I hope that was the last of them.
Scorpion glowing under blacklight by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
New RODI system to replace the old RO system with pressurized tanks. This is a 100 gallon tank with a pump to move the water faster and RODI instead of just RO so I should be nitrate free. Hoping this works better than the last setup.

New RODI system by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
My Farlowella vittata laid their eggs on the front glass for a change. in the past 5 or 6 months they have laid them about a dozen times in the back rear corner of the tank almost out of sight. So I will finally get a close up view and get to see them as they develop. This is day 1.

Male Farlowella vittata guarding newly laid eggs by Kaveh Maguire, on Flickr

401 - 410 of 410 Posts