The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done in epoxy. When I worked for a local Museum years ago,I would wonder how they made the "trout" stream so real with the water looking clear with natural looking ripples. Only now,you can really learn how to do it from YouTube and it aint cheap. A Coke can of Epoxy alone is over $30. Paints and ( IF you have a 3-d laser printer,you are good as gold with perfectly made fish) paints,and other model equipment helps like air brush.
Somebody did a coral reef..and I cant find it right now..but these river and stream models are common to find on youtube. Do a natural aquarium or Reef,wink wink...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I think of how much time and money spent getting both the fish and gardening hobby down,I don't think there is enough time or room in my head for another "interest". But,I sure admire some of these as so lifelike.

·
Super Moderator
17,165 Posts
When I think of how much time and money spent getting both the fish and gardening hobby down,I don't think there is enough time or room in my head for another "interest"
That's what the internet and YouTube are for! Thankfully, I mean.

I know I'd be broke if I was actively involved in all of the things like this that I enjoy. Especially when it comes to miniatures and recreations associated with model trains. So videos like this are a great escape.

As a bonus, these videos provide a great education for understanding scale. Extremely helpful in aquascaping.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Done in epoxy. When I worked for a local Museum years ago,I would wonder how they made the "trout" stream so real with the water looking clear with natural looking ripples. Only now,you can really learn how to do it from YouTube and it aint cheap. A Coke can of Epoxy alone is over $30. Paints and ( IF you have a 3-d laser printer,you are good as gold with perfectly made fish) paints,and other model equipment helps like air brush.
Somebody did a coral reef..and I cant find it right now..but these river and stream models are common to find on youtube. Do a natural aquarium or Reef,wink wink...
Heh, small world. My other hobby is tabletop strategy gaming and terrain building. This video's popped up on my feed a couple times lately. The folks who do this level of work blow my mind!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy who did the meteor striking a building? With fire and smoke? He does some great work all in resin..Cigarettes and lips in resin. Laser 3-d printer,then cast of his lips..then..lots of talent then what-lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.