The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just curious if you guys think that a 10 gallon tank stand could possibly hold both a 5lb CO2 tank and an Eheim 2213 canister filter?

If not, do you think it would look ridiculous to have a 20 gallon tank stand with a 10 gallon tank on top?

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
We may need to know which tank stand to have in mind? Stands can be anything from a wrought iron to a solid box of wood or repurposed night stand. But if you are thinking of one with just the outside size of a ten, I would not think it would fit. There is often another way to go with this problem. The CO2 tank and equipment can often be hidden under a simple box off to the side and that box can act as a small table? I wanted more space for equipment and storage near my 125 so added a fake table.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@PlantedRich The extra table is an amazing idea! I think you just completely solved my conundrum. I have yet to buy a stand for a tank that I'm getting ready to start and was really trying to wrap my head around how I was going to fit everything inside the stand since this tank will be in my living room. (Other house-mates don't want to see a CO2 tank in the middle of the room) Thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
@PlantedRich The extra table is an amazing idea! I think you just completely solved my conundrum. I have yet to buy a stand for a tank that I'm getting ready to start and was really trying to wrap my head around how I was going to fit everything inside the stand since this tank will be in my living room. (Other house-mates don't want to see a CO2 tank in the middle of the room) Thanks for the idea!
I've got a "roommate" that has a pretty stiff idea of what works! But then that is the part that I like. I only have to find something that fits and is sturdy enough to hold what she wants on top. Whether it takes a full blown wooden stand or just a good cardboard box, it can all look the same with a cheap fabric cover. I've found that one of the cheaper ways to buy fabric just doesn't make sense to me. A piece from a fabric shop may cost more than a ready built item like a sheet or pillow case???

Learn and adapt as needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.