The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
pretty good for a start. i would strongly suggest partially covering up the rocks. it creates a more dramatic effect as if the smaller rocks are actually one huge rock that is slowly being exposed by erosion. if you have a long but curved branch of driftwood. i would complete the arch that you already started.

it will allow for opportunity to create overhangs and grow stuff like mosses, buces, and ferns.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I would offer that in a small space it's very easy to add too much hard scape. I would remove the smallest driftwood branch in front.

I do like the suggestion of covering the rocks with maybe moss to soften them and give an aged look.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pretty good for a start. i would strongly suggest partially covering up the rocks. it creates a more dramatic effect as if the smaller rocks are actually one huge rock that is slowly being exposed by erosion. if you have a long but curved branch of driftwood. i would complete the arch that you already started.

it will allow for opportunity to create overhangs and grow stuff like mosses, buces, and ferns.
Thanks for the suggestion...I have put another piece of wood to cover the big rock...this is my tank after rescaped Wood Twig Art Trunk Water

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion...I have put another piece of wood to cover the big rock...this is my tank after rescaped View attachment 56983
aG thích tấm này, khúc lũa nhỏ xếp phía sau nhìn có chiều sâu, có điều khúc lũa nằm hơi lớn, lũa aG cho G còn k, kiếm khúc nào nhỏ và ngắn hơn 1 chút, xếp vào aG nghĩ sẽ hợp lý hơn.
Hix, trình độ tiếng Anh chỉ đủ đọc hiểu thôi, thông cảm

·
Registered
559 Posts
looks alright... though i noticed that the lowest branch has been moved slightly in comparison to the shot before it, before you included plants. sounds nit-picky, but by doing that, you've sort of detracted from the arrangement because now it is more centered rather than elongated. however, if that's how you'd like your tank to look, that's fine too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks alright... though i noticed that the lowest branch has been moved slightly in comparison to the shot before it, before you included plants. sounds nit-picky, but by doing that, you've sort of detracted from the arrangement because now it is more centered rather than elongated. however, if that's how you'd like your tank to look, that's fine too.
You are picky man, but I need somebody picky to help me with my aquascape...lol
Yeah I moved that branch bc im gonna put something else to the other side

·
Registered
221 Posts
I kind of wish the rocks were a little more visible with the anubias there-- I think they were key to the beauty of the scape

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.