The Planted Tank Forum banner

10 gallon stocking

695 2
My 10 gallon aquarium is just about done cycling and I was looking for suggestions on which fish I should get. I definitely want to put in some indostomus crocodilus and I am looking for a nice school or shoal for my tank.
I was considering either Norman's lamp-eyes, chilli rasboras, mekong ricefish (oryzias mekongensis), or glass gobies (gobiopterus chuno). Can someone please help me decide on which fish I should stock? It could be anyone of these or other suggestions. I am a bit partial toward south-east Asian or African fish, not South American, and I want fish that won't actively hunt fry or baby shrimp.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,717 Posts
In a 10 gallon I am not sure if there is room for a lot more fish. If you get a social group of Indostomus crocodilus, perhaps a small school of the smallest species would work in the upper area of the tank.
They are such unusual fish, I think I would aim toward a biotope, or at least close, and add some other fish native to similar or nearby streams.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you for your help! I think I'll follow your advice and make it a biotope.\

EDIT:
I was doing research and I came across a list of all the species in the River Basin that Indostomus Crocodilus is found in. *http://www.thaiscience.info/journal...hes from tapi river basin, south thailand.pdf
The only species that was small and I could obtain in the U.S were Harlequin Rasboras and they are a little to common for my taste and I don't think their best suited for a ten gallon and are to active for an Indostomus Crocodilus. I'll probably put in another small schooling fish from a close-by river. Is Boraras naevus or Danionella translucida good?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.